Thursday, March 18, 2010

Birthdays are Special


This is a picture of Ray and I around my birthday, July 1st. He has always made me feel special on my birthday! He is a wonderful man. I'd like to share some memories of my past birthdays. I remember many dinners out because Ray knows how much I like to eat out! I remember some parties my kids have done for me. The year I was turning 40 my friend made me a coffin cake for desert after we had gone to dinner! By far my best birthday memory was when I was in my 30's and we were very poor that year. Ray showed up at lunch time with a Happy Birthday Balloon for me! He was holding something behind his back. Maybe you think it is some jewelry or who knows what... he pulled out another balloon that read PS I LOVE YOU! I was so overwhelmed with the sweetness of that message and it is a memory I remember to this day! Also a birthday I treasure is when we lived in Dillon MT. The afternoon of my birthday I looked out the window to see Ray's pick-up pulling into the driveway with a rocking chair rocking away in the back. I had wanted one and there he was with a beautiful oak one! I still have that chair and have rocked many a grandchild in it! Ray you are my hero! You have a special knack for making my day special!

No comments:

Post a Comment